Welcome to the NursingCAS Dispatch – a monthly newsletter intended to keep you up to date with current happenings at NursingCAS. The newsletter will feature:
- User Updates to keep you in the loop, so you can keep your team and applicants in the loop.
- NursingCAS by the Numbers, a metric to showcase application statistics and other relevant data.
- NursingCAS Know-How, an in-depth examination of a NursingCAS feature.
- Social Beat, which will feature nursing and admissions news from around the web.
Liaison to Host its 1st User Conference in Boston
Liaison International, AACN’s technology partner for NursingCAS, plans to offer its inaugural User Conference this July. This event will be hosted and organized by Liaison.
This first of its kind event will focus on all of Liaison’s products and services: CAS, WebAdMIT, EMP, Time2Track and SlideRoom and will be open to all end-users.
Here’s what you can expect from the 2-day event in Boston:
- 50+ interactive sessions about technology, enrollment, recruitment and other higher ed topics that affect your day-to-day work.
- 25+ training sessions about leading admissions products and services, including WebAdMIT, EMP, Time2Track and SlideRoom.
- Networking opportunities that will allow you to benchmark against institutions like yours while learning from their proven best practices.
- Continuing Education Units available for some training sessions.
Register and Win
Registration and hotel reservations are now available at http://conferences.liaisonedu.com.
Register by the early bird deadline, May 25th, to save $150 and be entered to win a pair of Red Sox tickets for their home game on Friday, July 27th!
Call for Speakers
The best programming starts with your stories. Do you have an admissions success story or an idea for a presentation on technology, marketing or recruitment? We’d like to invite you to have a say in what makes this year’s agenda. Visit the Call for Speakers tab on your microsite to submit your idea before May 25th.
Reminder of 2018 – 2019 Cycle Launch Key Dates & FAQs
Primary contacts should have received a renewal notice email during the last week of April. If there have been staff changes at your school or your school’s primary contact did not receive a renewal notice to participate in the 2018 – 2019 NursingCAS cycle please alert Rachel Stayton.
Do you have questions about the cycle launch or want to learn more? Then join the NursingCAS staff this Thursday, May 10 at 3:00 PM EDT for a virtual office hours Webinar session.
- June 4 – the 2018 – 2019 Configuration portal will open. Configuration Trainings will be held:
- July 26 – deadline to submit program configurations to be reviewed and approved in time to open on the cycle launch date
- August 15 – the NursingCAS 2018 – 2019 Application Cycle opens!
- September 17 – the NursingCAS 2017 – 2018 Application Cycle closes, last date for applicant submission
- September 21 – last date for processing of transcripts and references for the 2017 – 2018 cycle
Letters by Liaison Replaces Old Evaluator Portal
Liaison now offers Letters by Liaison, an updated version of the Evaluator Portal, and the old portal has been decommissioned. Prior and current requests for existing users have been moved to Letters by Liaison. For more information, see the Letters by Liaison Release Notice or the Letters by Liaison Help Center.
NursingCAS operations performance continues to be strong as we move further into the 2017-2018 cycle. During the month of April the average wait time for an applicant to speak to a NursingCAS Customer Service Representative was 38 seconds. There were 2,885 calls to Customer Service during April 2018, compared to 2,199 in 2017. Average verification turnaround time for the month of April was 2.5 days.
Highlight Available Seats for Fall 2018 Programs with NursingCAS
During the 2016-2017 academic year over 69,000 qualified applications were not offered admission to nursing programs, despite nearly 41,000 seats remaining unfilled. NursingCAS was created in part to help close this gap between qualified applications and open seats.
But in order for applicants to seek open seats, they need to be made aware of vacancies. The NursingCAS Applicant Newsletter is an established and effective means for applicant outreach. It boasts an average open rate of 52.68% for 2017, compared to the 20.59% industry average. For each monthly submission to the Applicant Newsletter, you are putting your program(s) in front of thousands of potential students. This month the newsletter will be distributed to over 53,000 applicants. If you have open seats available for the Fall 2018 semester, we encourage you to utilize this free resource to aid in your recruitment efforts.
Submitting content is easy and takes 5 minutes or less:
- Navigate to your NursingCAS Dashboard.
- Select the “Add Content” button.
- Complete the form that appears and submit.
This month’s newsletter will be distributed on May 15th. Submit your content today!
National Nurses Week begins each year on May 6th and ends on May 12th, Florence Nightingale’s birthday. It features a host of events across the U.S. to honor nurses for the work they do, and educates the public about nurses’ role in health care.
There’s an acute nursing shortage in the United States, but schools are turning away thousands of qualified applicants as they struggle to expand class size and hire more teachers for nursing programs.
The University of Rhode Island managed to boost its student completion rates and change its gen-ed curriculum while recovering from the budget slashing of the recession.
Higher education marketing departments should be able to bring data, insight, and an intimate understanding of the consumer to enable their institutions to identify future opportunities and forge new directions.