Participation in NursingCAS is free and voluntary to accredited schools of nursing. Programs that are eligible to participate are those that grant RN diplomas, associate, baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degrees. Programs must have or must be seeking accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Additionally programs that have accreditation from the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education are eligible to participate. Programs do not need to be members of AACN to participate.
Want to implement NursingCAS at your school? Below are a few initial recommendations.
Determine who the internal stakeholders are at your school.
- Dean or Chair
- Admissions Office
- Registrar’s Office
- Information Technology Office
- Institutional Research and Planning
- Legal *Although participation in NursingCAS is non-binding, you may want to consult with your legal or contracts department
- Prospective Students and Applicants
Understand the implementation timeline.
|1) Submit Enrollment Form||1 – 2 weeks|
|2) Access for Program Set-up/Scheduling||1 – 2 weeks|
|3) Begin Program Set-up||1 – 3 weeks|
|4) Finish Program Set-up||1 week|
|5) Update Website and Other Materials||2 weeks|
|6) Schedule WebAdMIT Training||TBD|
- Schedule a stakeholder meeting.
- Review and submit the NursingCAS Enrollment Form (non-binding agreement).
- Determine who will be responsible for program set-up. This is what we refer to as the “Primary User”.
- Begin program set-up. You will use the “Configuration Manager” tool in WebAdMIT to complete your set-up. The Configuration Tool allows you to customize each of the programs you post on NursingCAS in several ways.
- Finish program set-up and do final review. Ensure that you have posted information on your Website and updated other materials to inform applicants about NursingCAS.
- Attend training Webinars on WebAdMIT. It is possible to download the applicant data from NursingCAS to import into your internal systems , run custom and comparative reports, and you will be able to see any in-progress candidates and their contact information.