Leveraging NursingCAS for Graduate Nursing Admissions
April 2 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm UTC+0
Join your colleagues for an interactive panel discussion and luncheon from 1:30 – 3:30 PM on Monday, April 2, in the Delta ABC room to learn about trends in graduate nursing admissions and how their schools are leveraging NursingCAS.
1:00 – 1:30 PM Check-in and pickup lunch
1:30 – 2:00 PM NursingCAS Overview & Introductions
2:00 – 3:00 PM Panel Discussion with NursingCAS Users
3:00 – 3:30 PM Q&A and Wrap-up
3:30 – 4:00 PM NursingCAS Updates for Current Users Only
- Jennifer Thorndyke, Director of Admissions, Rush University College of Nursing (Chicago, IL)
- Scott Burgess, Associate Director, Graduate Student Affairs, University of South Florida College of Nursing
- Xavier Ramos, Admissions Recruiter Advisor, University of South Florida College of Nursing
- Chad Oppelt, Assistant Director of Graduate and Extended Studies Recruitment, The College of St. Scholastica (Duluth, MN)
During this session, the panelists will discuss several topics and provide opportunities for you to share ideas and insight.
- How are programs benefiting from NursingCAS?
- Strategies for implementing and leveraging NursingCAS at your school.
- What recruitment strategies are programs using?
- How are programs addressing challenges associated with attracting and admitting best fit students?
- What trends are programs seeing with the graduate nursing applicant pool?
NursingCAS is a free resource provided by AACN and more than 245 schools use NursingCAS. Over 100,000 applications were initiated during the 2016 – 2017 NursingCAS cycle. NursingCAS provides valuable information to prospective students about the admissions requirements of participating nursing programs and the ability to easily find and apply to programs of interest through one, online service.
Schools that participate in NursingCAS experience exposure to a larger pool of applicants and receive free online tools and support services to help ease the administrative tasks faced by admissions staff including:
- Powerful web-based admissions software called WebAdMIT for staff to manage and analyze their applicant pool. WebAdMIT includes tools for scoring candidates based on custom criteria, tracking interviews, conducting an online review of applicants, calculating GPAs, sending and tracking applicant communications, creating custom reports, and exporting data to import into internal systems.
- Integrated Administrative Services including the processing and management of transcripts, references, supporting materials, verified GPA calculations, and providing applicant service and support.
Please RSVP for this luncheon session to ensure entry, space is limited. This session is open to current NursingCAS users as well.
Note: boxed lunches will be available to attendees throughout the session so please feel free to join us at a later time if necessary due to travel arrangements. There will be a separate Q&A session from 3:30 – 4:00 PM specifically for attendees who use NursingCAS currently. Current NursingCAS users are welcome to attend the entire session but are definitely encouraged to come to the 3:30 – 4:00 PM Q&A for updates.
NursingCAS staff are available to do teleconferences and in-person meetings with prospective and participating schools. We also host Webinars, regional events and open houses. If you would like to host at your school please notify Caroline Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-463-6930 ext. 258.